Annual Enrollment is November 17, 2014 - December 05, 2014
REMINDER: Your username is your Team Member Number and ALL passwords have been reset to the last four digits of your Social Security Number. You will be required to establish a new and secure password following your initial log in.
There is one fact of life that cannot be disputed – change is inevitable. Over the past 98 years of United Supermarkets, we have seen a lot of changes. United Supermarkets has grown from one store in Sayre, Oklahoma that sold cheese by the chunk and grain by the pound to a prosperous chain of stores with different specialties, two distribution centers, a seasonal warehouse, a food production company and convenient stores. Change is the foundation that has led to our growth and has allowed us to prosper.
Transformation is critical to keep our company viable in the competitive landscape. In the past, West Texas had only regional stores where customers shopped. When Wal-Mart opened the doors to their new discount stores, many regional stores folded under the competitive pressure. Wal-Mart pushed us to provide ultimate service, to make a positive impact on our guest and on our communities, and to up our game with superior performance.
In December 2013, we joined forces with Albertsons, LLC. Combining companies will open up new windows of opportunity to advance our standing in the markets we service and to enhance the benefit offerings to the Team Members. One of those opportunities is to be able to join some of the Albertsons’ health and welfare plans. Being part of a larger group plan will increase our leverage on pricing of the benefit offerings and provide a smooth transition for Team Members seeking growth opportunities that would like to transfer between locations.
When we make adjustments to our benefits package, the financial impact to the organization and to our Team Members is reviewed. We also consider federal regulations, such as Health Care Reform, which directly impacts the benefits package. We have opportunity for many changes – the key is to select the right combination of change that will afford the majority of our Team Members an improved benefits package as well as keeping the company viable for the future.
We have some great news regarding the medical plan for January 1, 2015.
- You will have four medical plan options so that you can choose the plan that best fits your lifestyle and family situation.
- Each of the plans will offer lower premiums for the majority of our Team Members. Based on the plan you select you could see a substantial decrease in weekly premiums.
- The annual deductibles have been lowered. Since we lowered the premiums and the deductible, we will no longer offer the Health Care Account.
- A new wellness plan will be introduced that includes your spouse. Your spouse can participate in the program, after January 1, 2015, and you will enjoy a greater reduction in your weekly premium. You will receive the Team Member discount in 2015 if you met the requirements of the 2014 wellness program.
- To be able to provide lower premiums and deductibles, the prescription copays are changing to a percentage of the cost of the drug. The percentage is based on the plan you select.
We are also changing the United 401(k) plan for January 1, 2015.
- Instead of the discretionary annual profit sharing contribution, we will pay the match differently. The match will be announced and paid annually. The match for 2015 will be 50% of your contribution up to 7% of eligible compensation instead of 40% of your contribution amount up to 6% of eligible compensation. You contribute $1 – we deposit $1.50 into your 401(k) account! Eligible participants will still receive the 2014 profit sharing allocation in early 2015.
- We want to reward those Team Members who choose to call United home. Therefore, the match will be paid annually, instead of weekly, and you will receive the match if you are still actively employed at the end of the year.
Please understand that this is a very brief summary of the changes. In November, you will receive a 2015 Annual Enrollment packet at your home address with detailed information. It is very important that you review the packet. Each Team Member that is eligible for the health plan benefits must go online and re-enroll to continue coverage in any of the health plans. You will also receive a more in-depth description of the 401(k) plan changes from New York Life, our 401(k) plan administrator.
To help you understand the plan changes and to receive information regarding the mandatory re-enrollment process, the Benefits crew is sponsoring conference calls. Look for posters at your location for dates and times for the calls. Be sure to have your enrollment packet so you can follow along.
We have an exciting year ahead of us and change will be essential in accommodating our guests and attracting new guests to shop in our stores. Let’s all work together to embrace our culture, embrace change and create a productive and forward-thinking workplace.
Robert C. Taylor, CEO